Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Getting Skinny, The Sequel

weight loss inspiration
Well, if you have been here before, then you might have noticed that this site looks a lot different from the way that it used to. You see, a few years ago, I set up this site as a way to track my progress with a weight loss goal of “getting skinny.” As you might have guessed, I ended up meeting my goal weight and getting right where I wanted to be on the scale.
I managed to stay that new Sara for quite some time. Then, gradually, the pounds started creeping back on. Honestly, I did not really notice it at first. Not for a while actually. It was not until my favorite pants got a bit too snug for comfort that I realized that there was a possibility that I was gaining weight. But, it was also close to time for my period so I tricked myself into thinking that was the culprit as I dug my “fat pants” out of the back of the closet. A size bigger and roomier than my fave pair.
I bet you already know what happened next. Before too long, my fat pants were fitting a bit snug and I convinced myself that I’d shrunk them in the dryer. Dug out another pair of my fat pants that fit and carried on. Long story short, I now at pretty much back where I started. I need to get in control of my weight and start seeing those scary numbers on the scale go down, down, down!
Basically, I have to do all the same work all over again. The cool thing is that I already know that this is a goal that I can achieve. That not so cool thing is that I have to do it all over again and I know that this is some hard work that I have ahead of me.
Well, here’s hoping that the sequel of this journey does not involve a follow-up version in a few years down the road! Now, it’s time to start melting away some pounds so I can get back in my fave skinny jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment